Armed robbery accused sentence
FREE STATE – On the 17 March 2020 the Bloemfontein High Court seating in Harrismith passed a heavy sentence on five accused for a series of armed robberies which occurred mostly in Qwaqwa and others in Botshabelo during November 2017.
The accused were found guilty of 11 counts and sentenced as follows:
1. Moloi Aubrey Sesing sentenced to 15 years imprisonment for armed robbery and robbery under aggravating circumstances.
2. Fusi Hamilton Mokoena 15 years sentenced on six counts of robbery under aggravating circumstances
3. Nhlanhla Goodman Mbhele sentenced to 15 years count 1, 15 years count 4, 15 years count 6, 10 years each on count 9 and 10, and 12 months on count 11.
4. Timely Paballo Mofokeng sentenced to 15 years on count 1, 15 years on count 4, 15 years on count 6, 10 years each on count 9 and 10 and 12 months on count 11.
5. Stefano Titas Mofokeng senteced to 15 on count 1, 15 on count 4, 15 on count 6, additional 12 months on count 7
Count 9 and 10 years imprisonment each and count 11 another 12 months.
All the accused served two and half years imprisonment whilst on trial but serves non-purpose. The judge indicated that one of their victim, Mr Zeng left the country due to armed robberies and the state shall return all airtime vouchers and other items which were recovered from accused possession.
Source: South African Police Service